Friday 18 January 2013

Run for your lives!

I have a tendency to over think things. Case in point: I knew I wanted to start weight lifting but had no idea how/what the best program was. It took me 3 months of looking at it all online before I actually started. 
I'm now looking to run a 10k race (the Race for Life). I've asked a few questions on the Fitocracy forum & have been given loads of (sometimes conflicting advice). I have no idea what I should be doing/which program to follow/how to train for 10k. But you know what I did? I just went for a run.


  • Running (treadmill):
    • 0:10:00 || 1.5 km || 9 km/hr || 0.5 % (+65 pts)
    • 0:04:25 || 1 km || 9.5 km/hr || 0.5 % (+68 pts)
    • Can't find a way to say that I increased my speed when I hit the 10 mark. This technically wasn't in 2 sets, it was one run; 10 minutes at 9kph then 5 minutes at 9.5kph.
  • Stretching:
    • 0:10:00 (+2 pts)

Tomorrow I've organised a 24km hike in the stunning Sai Kung countryside. It makes up sections 1 and 2 of the MacLehose trail and there's a solid 20 or so of us going. It should be great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment