Monday 18 February 2013

Time to get serious!

Sorry I haven't been around much, busy busy busy!
I had a friend over to stay last week so my workouts took a bit of a rest, though I did manage a hike and 2 weights sessions, so it's not all bad. He's gone now though, so it's back to the gym, and this time I have a new plan!
My friend has said she'll train me for the 10k Race for Life (here's my sponsorship page!) and I've agreed (not sure whether that was a stupid or smart thing to do, seeing as she runs up Victoria Peak every week!). So now my weeks will look like this:

Mondays: Running
Tuesdays: Weights
Wednesdays: Les Mills Body Combat class
Thursdays: Weights
Fridays: Running
Saturdays: Weights
Sundays: Rest

This hopefully means that she'll whip me into shape for that 10k race. She's aiming on getting me to finish in under an hour (and presumably killing me in the process!), so I'll be sure to keep you updated on any goals or personal records I hit! Keeping in mind that I currently can't run more than 10 minutes at 8.5kph, this could be pretty hard (I'll need to be running at least 10.1kph for 1 hour to get in under that target).

As for the weights, I've pretty much hit my max for the deadlifts right now; my grip is failing before anything else, so I'm sticking at this weight for a while. I increased my squats again, along with the cable crunches and side bends, so I'm feeling pretty good! The bench presses are still killing me, but I can feel them getting easier!
I'm now at 75lb squats, 80lb deadlifts, 45lb bench presses, 35lb side bends and 28lb cable crunches.

Next time I'll be posting pictures I had Ras take a week or two ago, as my 'before' pictures. I might also be posting some current pictures. Not sure if there will be any obvious difference (though I am noticing that my arms are looking awesome!), so I'll check that before I post two seemingly identical pictures :D

Bye for now!
xx


P.S: I levelled up!


HanAsh Leveled up 19 Feb, 2013
Level 14

No comments:

Post a Comment